One of the main reasons I started Satisfy Her Soul was to combat all the negativity in the world that you may be bombarded with in your news feed.
My goal for this blog is to only share uplifting, inspiring content for my readers and ultimately spread joy. Everyone has heard quotes like:
“Be kind. You never know what battles someone may be facing.”
This is such a true, invaluable lesson. For this reason, I will share:
10 ways you can spread joy today!
- Have some free time? Ask a friend or family member if they have anything that you can help them with. Maybe it’s painting the bathroom, walking their dog, or watching their children while the parents get a well-deserved night off. A few hours donated to someone you care about will be so appreciated!
- Tell someone you are proud of them. Is there somebody on your news feed that has recently found success, love or is just the greatest darn human? Be happy for them and let them know! Send a private message expressing your congratulations or your acknowledgement of their hard work! It only takes a minute.
- Flowers “Just Because”! Skip your daily coffee for a week in order to save $20-$30 to purchase a plant or bouquet to make someone’s day! Living things like greenery are a proven mood-booster. Don’t forget to treat yourself to flowers once in a while, too! You deserve it!
- Introduce yourself to your neighbours, or your peers that you always see in yoga class, or at the market! Meeting people organically is so special in this digital age, they will really appreciate such a genuine interaction.
- Send a care-package to a friend. Know a new mommy? Or maybe a friend just starting university? Think of things they can treat themselves with that they probably wouldn’t buy for themselves. If you can, hand-delivering it will surely bring a smile to their face.
- Mail a love-letter! There is nothing better than receiving a beautifully handwritten card in amongst the daily bills. It is an inexpensive yet meaningful way to let someone know you are thinking of them. Emails and texts are nice, but there is something nostalgic and charming about receiving a letter in the mail with your name on it!
- Make a large batch of something and share it with your friends and family! Whether it’s healthy breakfast muffins, chilli, banana bread or a holiday meal, everyone’s gotta eat! Deliver it to them or invite them over for tea and crumpets!
- Support your friends’ events! Maybe they have an opening at the art gallery, a gig at an open mic or a sports game- Be the one they can count on to cheer them on! Participate further by bringing a funny sign of support to make them laugh 🙂
- Lend your expertise. Do you how to knit, play guitar, paint, use photoshop or do a yoga pose? Whatever your special skill may be, find someone who would love to learn and spend time teaching them! Even the things you might think are basic, like using a phone, laptop or speaking a language can be of use to many people! Share your time and knowledge.
- Doing some de-cluttering or downsizing? Maybe there is a piece of jewelry that your friend always compliments you on, or a book you think they’d enjoy. Why not give it to them? Find places that are looking for winter apparel or kitchen utensils. If you have too many, donate them and make someone’s day a little brighter!
These are just a few suggestions on ways to spread joy in your circle. Of course, there are so many other ways and the sky is the limit.
RELATED POST: Productivity 101