As far as keeping a clean & tidy house, I do pretty well. A cluttered house gives me a cluttered mind, so I usually stay pretty on top of my daily cleaning routine. One thing I could be better at is deep cleaning… But that’s for another day! Today, I would like to share with you what I do on a daily basis to maintain overall tidiness.
Daily Cleaning Routine – Morning:
Before work, I don’t have a whole lot of time, so I keep my morning tasks fairly simple. I can conquer the following few duties in under 15 minutes-
- Make the bed
- Dirty clothes go in hamper as I get dressed
- Tidy nightstand/vanity as I do my hair & make-up
Next, I go downstairs and make breakfast. As I wait for my coffee to brew:
- Put away clean dishes, wash dirty dishes and set to dry
That’s pretty much all I do before work!
Daily Cleaning Routine – Evening:
In the evening, I pretty much tidy-up and wipe down surfaces as needed. I do this quickly, so each room takes under 5 minutes. If I keep up with my daily cleaning routine throughout the week, my evening tidying only takes 20 minutes or less.
- At night, I will either throw a load of laundry in the wash, or fold clean laundry (depending on what I did the night previous)
- Wipe down surfaces in bedroom & kitchen
- Disinfect the bathroom
- Sweep & Spot clean the kitchen floor
- Tidy/Straighten pillows in the living-room
Depending on your daily schedule, you can divide up these tasks however you choose. I prefer to do most of my cleaning in the evening when I have more time.
- I use a multi-purpose cleaner which saves me a lot of time and money. Grab a microfibre cloth, and wipe down every room except the bathroom. When it’s time to do the bathroom, I switch to scrubbing bubbles and lysol wipes.
I certainly don’t have it all figured out when it comes to keeping a perfectly clean home, but this daily cleaning routine certainly helps because it is so quick and easy. When Spring rolls around, I will definitely do a post on Deep Spring Cleaning which is also very important in maintaining a spotless home.