Mother’s Day is just around the corner! Here in Canada, it falls on this Sunday, May 13th. If you are in need of some last minute Mother’s Day gift ideas, you have come to the right place!
Even if you haven’t had time to think up something elaborate, it is important that we take a moment to thank our Mom on this special day. It can be as easy as a phone call, a visit, or one of these 15 Mother’s Day gift ideas! A couple of them are Amazon Affiliate links, which means if you purchase I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
All of these are affordable and easy to get your hands on in the next few days before we celebrate our Mommas!
Home is where your mom is.
15 Last Minute Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
1. Plants & Flowers – Head to your local flower shop and pick up some plants to make her home as beautiful as she is. Gardening tools could be an added bonus.
2. The Body Shop Strawberry Gift Cube – The Body Shop has amazing Mother’s Day gift cubes in all sorts of scents. If you don’t have the Body Shop near you, you can always shop on Amazon and with a Prime account it will show up on your door-step in 2 days!
3. A Spa Appointment/Gift Card – Let your Mother pamper herself with a manicure, facial or massage! She definitely deserves it.
4. A Hand-Written Note – There’s something so special about a letter this day and age. Tell your Mom about your favourite childhood memories, or a few of the many reasons why you appreciate her so much.
5. A Framed Picture of the Family – A picture of the whole family, just the two of you or even a restored image of you as a baby! Get a delicate frame and it will definitely make a beautiful Mother’s Day gift!
We laugh, we cry, we make time fly. Best friends are we, my Mother and I.
6. Tea or Coffee – Is your mother a tea or coffee drinker? Get her some gourmet flavours and a brand new mug. Lot’s of stores sells mugs especially for amazing Moms! PS: This idea also works for wine & a wine glass!
7. A Mother’s Day Card – Mothers just want to know that they are being thought of and appreciated. Head to the store and read through the cards until you find one that resonates for you and your Mom. Even a gesture as simple as a greeting card will warm her heart!
8. Essential Oil Diffuser – Essential Oils are the new way to get your house smelling fresh and amazing. Get your Mom a diffuser and pick up a few oils that you think she would love! Alternatively, candles are awesome too!
9. A Lunch Date – Treat your Mom to a lunch or dinner date in the near future. It doesn’t have to be this weekend. Give her a call and let her know you would love to take her out very soon as a Mother’s Day treat.
10. New Clothes – If you know her style, pick her out a new sweater or cozy pyjamas and slippers. If not, a gift card so she can treat herself to a shopping spree will work just as well! Maybe you could even take her to her favourite store as a surprise.
Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.
―Gail Tsukiyama, Dreaming Water
11. A Bird Feeder – Together with some bird seed, this gift will bring your Mom so much joy for years to come. She will think of you every time she sees the birds happily resting.
12. Home Decor – Whether it’s new cushions, kitchen towels or artwork for the walls, anything goes for this idea! If you aren’t sure, you could always bring her to choose something she likes.
13. Purse, Tote Bags, Travel Toiletry Case, Carry-On Luggage – Find out what she needs in terms of bags and surprise her with something new and improved.
14. Concert/Movie Tickets – Find a show she would love to see and treat her to a night out of entertainment.
15. A Monthly Subscription Box- Nowadays, there is a subscription company for pretty much anything. Whether it be healthy snacks, beauty products or book/magazines, choose something your mom would enjoy as a monthly reminder of your love for her.
I got it from my Mama.
Hopefully these last minute Mother’s Day Gift ideas were helpful for you. In the end, quality time and your gratitude for everything she has done for you is the best gift you could give. As long as you let your Mom know you love her, she will be so appreciative.
Let’s not forget about the other Mothers we have in our lives. Our grandmothers, and even friends we have that have become new mothers. There may even be people who have acted like a mother to you that might deserve a phone call from you on Mother’s Day!
If you are a mother, I wish you a Happy Mother’s Day. You are amazing!
Related Post: Lessons I Learned from My Mom and Dad